me² represents a new market place for urban actors in which a local community of electric vehicle (EV) users and local smart meter (SM) owners are brought together through means of a local urban online community. The combination of these technologies in a community allows to integrate mobility with electricity, to balance the grid, to reduce electricity costs, and to enable a feeling of local belonging. me² enables urban demand-side management, i.e. aims to modify consumer demand for energy such as using less energy during peak hours in an urban community.
- Smart City Aggregator platform
- Pilots in a city with high degree of EV adoption (Amsterdam) and in a city with a lower degree of EV adoption (Lisbon)
- Increased understanding and integration of e-mobility and electricity behaviour, developing mechanisms to influence these behaviours using gamification elements based on smart algorithms
- Mechanisms to balance local grids, defined in a 10% smoothened load curve
- Lowered average energy costs for consumers, defined in 10% lower energy costs
- A policy recommendation
- A viable business model