inteGRIDy - integrated Smart GRID Cross-Functional Solutions for Optimised Synergetic Energy Distribution, Utilisation & Storage Technologies
inteGRIDy (H2020) aimed to integrate cutting-edge technologies, solutions and mechanisms in a scalable Cross-Functional Platform. This platform connected energy networks with various stakeholders, facilitating optimal and dynamic operations of the Distribution Grid (DG), fostering the stability and coordination of distributed energy resources, and enabling collaborative storage schemes within an increasing share of renewables.
inteGRIDy aimed to:
- Integrate innovative smart grid technologies, enabling optimal and dynamic operation of the distribution system’s assets within high grid reliability and stability standards
- Validate innovative Demand Response technologies and relevant business models
- Utilise storage technologies and their capabilities to relieve the DG and enable significant avoidance of RES (Renewable Energy Sources) curtailment, enhancing self-consumption and net metering
- Enable interconnection with transport and heat networks, forming Virtual Energy Network synergies ensuring energy security
- Provide modelling & profiling extraction for network topology representation, innovative DR mechanisms and Storage characterisation, facilitating decision making in DG’s operations
- Provide predictive, forecasting tools & scenario-based simulation, facilitating an innovative Operation Analysis Framework
- Develop new business and services to create value for distribution domain stakeholders and end users/prosumers in an emerging electricity market.
The inteGRIDy approach was deployed and validated in 6 large-scale and 4 small-scale real-life demonstration covering different climatic zones and markets with different maturity. The project started in November 2016 and ended in January 2021.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 731268.